First I created a circular pattern with an approximate arm hole about 2/3 from the bottom. I then used this as a pattern piece to create my pagoda sleeves. To hem the edges I did a running stitch around the edges and once I completed the running stitch, I then went over it with a small zig-zag stitch. The excess bits were then cut off so the edge looked neat. Following this, I created to lines of ease stitches around the arm holes and gathered it in evenly, before attaching it to the arm and bias binding it. I am very happy with the outcome of the sleeves although I wish I had more fabric left to create more layers for a fuller sleeve.