Making the top skirt
I made this by draping on the stand which is a technique I am getting more and more comfortable with and to be honest prefer it more to drafting a flat pattern (there’s just too much maths in that for my liking). I inserted approximate pleats to create a nice shape and then cut way the excess to create the shape shown in my design. I then took it off of the stand and evenly distributed the pleats so that both sides were perfectly distance. I also needed to allow space to put in another continuous placket. I then began to add the trimmings such as the box pleats which I again did using a length of ribbon. It is nice seeing it starting to take shape!