Gloves

by Sophea

Gloves

I sourced these gloves from wardrobe and they were originally cream with beige stains on them. As they were stained I was able to compromise with the technical staff and they allowed me to dye them. In the original image we are using the gloves are almost the same color as my jacket. As I had no samples, recreating this in the dye room was very hit and miss.The cotton stitching would dye but the polyester fabric doesn’t take dye very well. First we began with the color Reindeer beige which barely changed a thing, then we deepened that color. After a few attempts we decided to try coffee which eventually made it a tea bag color. In the end we decided to take the dive and submerge it in a pink. I literally dropped it in for a matter of seconds, lifted it out and this was the color I achieved. I am very satisfied with the outcome, although it has come out a little patchy across the knuckles, this is obviously due to the fact that the dye didn’t take evenly because it wasn’t submerged in the boiling dye long enough. I am happy to have had my first dye experience and it is something I am really keen to do more on. Trying all of this is a good way to filter through to find my specialisms and what I really enjoy in my career.

Advertisements